Netgate 6100 Base pfSense+ Security Gateway Appliance
6100 Base pfSense+ Firewall Appliance - Quad-Core Intel® Atom® C3558 2.2 GHz CPU w/ QAT and AES-NI / 8 GB DDR4 Memory / 16 GB eMMC
(2) 10 Gbps SFP+ WAN ports / (2) 1 Gbps Auto-Detect RJ-45 / SFP Combo WAN ports / (4) 2.5 Gbps ethernet LAN ports
All Prices ex GST.
Checkout for GST and shipping costs.
We aim to dispatch all in-stock orders within 24 hours.
Note: There is currently a supply chain issue with this unit. Current ETA Mid January
|The Netgate® 6100 with pfSense® Plus software is one of the most versatile security gateways in its class. It combines the power of an Intel C3558 Quad Core CPU with integrated (QAT) QuickAssist Technology & AES-NI and 8 GB of memory for a snappy user experience, delivering over 18 Gbps of L3 routing across 8 independent 1 GbE, 2.5 GbE, and 10 GbE Flexible WAN/LAN ports. The 6100 is capable of performing high-throughput firewall, routing, and VPN applications. Despite its powerful performance the 6100 operates in complete silence with a passive cooling system and is ideal for pro-home, small/medium businesses, or edge deployments.|
The Netgate 6100 is an ideal edge gateway solution for any organization in need of versatile network connectivity with 1 to 10 Gbps flexible WAN/LAN connections and 8 GB of DDR4 memory to deliver exceptional throughput performance.
Netgate 6100 performance tests conducted with pfSense plus software version 21.05 RC
CPU: Quad-Core 2.2 GHz Intel Atom CPU, with integrated AES-NI and QAT (QuickAssist Technology) significantly improves encrypted throughput and increases RAM performance by up to 50%.
Network Ports: (2) 10 GbE SFP+ Ports, (2) 1 GbE Combo Ports (RJ45/SFP), and (4) discrete, unswitched 2.5 Gbps Ports allow for versatile WAN connectivity.
Storage: 16 GB eMMC (or optional 128 GB NVMe M.2 SSD)
Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM, DDR4 memory allows more stable, higher transfer rates for memory-intensive applications (e.g. IDS/IPS).
Cooling: The passive cooling system and low power draw of the Netgate 6100 provides efficient thermal management and silent operation expected from smaller devices despite its significantly higher performance.
pfSense Plus software provides the performance, flexibility, reliability and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications:
All at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives, pfSense Plus software is the perfect answer. Popular pfSense Plus use cases include load balancing, traffic shaping, captive portal, UTM device, DNS/DHCP Server, IDS/IPS, transparency caching proxy, web content filtering, failover WAN, and much more.
Intel® Atom® C3558 with QAT, 4-core @ 2.2 GHz (Denverton family)
Physical Network I/O ports
(2) 10 Gbps SFP+ cage (WAN)
(2) Auto media detect 1 Gbps (RJ45 copper / SFP fiber) "Combo Port" (WAN)
(4) 2.5 Gbps RJ-45 "direct" (unswitched) ethernet (LAN)
16GB eMMC (onboard - soldered) upgradable to 128GB NVMe M.2 SSD with 6100 Max
8 GB DDR4 w/o ECC, single channel
Physical Expansion Card Slots
2x m.2 (Key-B slot) with dual-SIM (LTE, Wi-Fi, or NVMe) (PCIe, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)
1x Mini-PCie Slot (Wi-Fi Only)
1 x auto-detect console port: "Cisco pinout" RJ45 + micro-USB (micro-USB cable included with each system)
2 x USB 3.0 jacks (USB-A female) (located on Right Side Rear)
3 x RGB LED(s) software / bootloader controllable via Microchip MCU
Desktop - Aluminum, plastic, and steel enclosure.
10 x 7.88 x 1.88 inches
254 x 200 x 47.63 mm
Optional wall mount kit
External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 5.0A (60W), threaded (locking) barrel connector.
Specifications (not final):
- AC Inlet: IEC320-C7 (2 PIN) - Power Cord: One US, UK, EU or ANZ power cord included
- US Power Cord: NEMA 1-15-P to IEC320-C7
- UK Power Cord: BS 1363 to IEC320-C7
- EU Power Cord: CEE7/16 to IEC320-C7
- ANZ Power Cord: AS 3112 (ungrounded) to IEC320-C7
0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F) - ambient
|Certifications||FCC (Class B), IEC / CE, CB, UL, RoHS, RCM|
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature-based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering. 1
- Maximum Active Connections: 4,000,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense Plus software settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command-line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect securely, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Remote Workers
- Small to Medium-Sized Business Networks
- Small to Medium-Sized Branch Office
- Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP) On-Premises Appliance
- Everyone looking for great performance with no fan noise
- Situations where a rack mount system is not an option
- Anyone with High-Speed Gigabit Connections
- Many VPN Connections
pfSense Plus software is a powerful firewall, router, and VPN solution that leverages a number of highly-regarded open-source projects. The software competes effectively with far more expensive, commercial alternatives and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies all over the world. Leading secure-networking features and capabilities include:
- Ad blocker (pfBlockerNG)
- Captive Portal
- CARP / HA
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- HTTP transparent / web / reverse proxy (Squid)
- IP / Country block list (pfBlocker)
- Packet capture / inspection
- Port forwarding
- QOS / rate limiters
- Software load balancer (HA Proxy)
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic logging, statistics, and graphs
- Traffic shaping
- Website blocker (pfBlocker)
Learn more about the power of pfSense Plus software here.
- "Inside The Box: The Netgate 6100" appliance breakdown video
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense Plus software
- Not PoE Compatible
- Ships with US 3 prong power cord. Easily changed by purchasing a IEC320-C13 (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example)
- Optional wall mount available
- Note: This system uses the case as a heatsink, please be aware it may feel warm when in use
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense Plus software:
- Complimentary 24x7 zero-to-ping support from Netgate Global Support
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Automatic Encrypted Configuration Backup Service
- Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
- TAC Lite is included with the purchase of your Netgate appliance.
- TAC Pro and TAC Enterprise SLA descriptions and pricing are available here.
- Help is available on our community forum here.
- One-year manufacturer's hardware warranty information is here.
- Extended warranties for US customers are available from Extend. More information on their offer and warranty policy can be viewed here.
- Standard 30 day return policy. Netgate does not sell seconds or returns. An open box fee may apply.
- All specifications subject to change without notice
- Questions? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com
1 Free packages.
2 Future pfSense Plus software distributions will have support for QuickAssist. AES-NI support is included.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.